If snoring is causing you and your partner sleepless nights, emotional stress and you are bogged down by the information at your disposal for selecting the best solution for your problem, then this, my friend is the right place to not only getting good advice on various products available but also the one that best suits your specific needs. Here we will try to show you a comparison of 6 products that are available in the market and great options to choose from.
- This is a tongue stabilizing device or TSD that is the market leader in snore solutions.
- Holds tongue in a forward position and doesn’t pull your jaw, creating unblocked airway passage.
- FDA-compliant, BPA-free and is made from latex-free medical-grade resin.
- Priced at $99.94 for a single piece, this comes in an easy to use shape and size that fits all.
- FDA approved.
- Is a type of Mandibular Advancement Device (MAD) that holds the jaw in a forward position to prevent snoring in patients.
- The mouthpiece has to be boiled in water for 30 seconds, cooled to room temperature, inserted into mouth to create jaw impression then put into cold water for solidifying. This creates a customized mouthpiece for the user.
- Has an FDA approved easy to use and clean design without any screws or rubber bands.
- Good lifespan of about 12-15 months, one device costs $99.
- Another type of MAD that comes in two sizes, medium for males and small for females. Uses boil and bite technique to acquire the shape and size of the jaw.
- Comes with a Hex tool that lets you adjust it to fit your mouth perfectly without any problems.
- Made from DuPont thermoplastic which is approved by FDA and is BPA and Latex free.
- Available for $59.95 and lasts for a good 12 months.
- As the name suggests, is a tongue stabilizing device, made from medical grade silicone that doesn’t irritate your gums.
- Best to first use it during daytime while during normal activities like reading, watching tv, so that the user becomes accustomed to it.
- Does require some getting used to.
- Priced at $140, is FDA approved.
- Another mandibular advancement, boil and bite device that comes in three different settings.
- Made from 2 different types of plastic, both of which are BPA free.
- One piece lasts 6-9 months and costs $59.90.
- The device is FDA approved, but can cause soreness.
- Jaw size once set cannot be changed.
- One more mandibular advancement device that is infinitely adjustable and provides up to 10mm adjustment, so is especially useful for people with over or under bite.
- Has an easy to use and easy to clean design that also lets you breathe through your mouth.
- Manufactured from medical-grade dental thermoplastic is priced at $256.95